Friday, March 15, 2013

Friday Weigh-In

Yay! On my way!

I was surprised to see a loss this week, because it is not the best 'time of the month' to weigh oneself (nudge-nudge).

I am really struggling with portion control, and therefore calorie total. Also really struggling with carb cravings, which always is toughest during TOM. I find myself  straying from The Plan just about every day. (Portions too large, eating too fast, taking larger bites, eating too many carbs.) I've got to get back on track so I can experience the weight loss I saw in the first six months post-op. Restriction is not the problem-- I can 'feel' each bite going down. The problem is that I don't slow down and 'listen' to when my body is full...I just eat until it's gone.

I am slowly settling into a routine at my new job, so I should be able to eat better and get more  fluids. Fortunately a few gals at the office are trying to watch what they eat also, so that's always helpful (we swap low-cal salad dressings instead of fudge recipes.)

I missed Support Group again this month (I've never been to one). I would really like to try to go. As much as I like the blog-osphere, I also like meeting in person and sharing struggles and successses.

I got my hair cut, and my stylist asked if she could flat iron my hair. I have never had straight hair (always envied those who do) so I said, 'sure'! It took a half hour to tame these locks, but OMFG I loved the results!! I couldn't stop running my hand through my hair, it was soooo smoooooth and soft and straight. I kept looking in the mirror and felt like I was having an out-of-body experience because I couldn't reconcile the reflection with myself! My son fell out of his chair when I came home.  Alas, the results were gone after a shampoo, but boy it was fun while it lasted. It would take me too long to do this on a regular basis, but I can't wait until a special occasion to do this again!
Fun with Straight Hair...



4 comments:

  1. Wow- love that hair style and you look great. YOu are rockin' it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can not believe how different straight hair is on your pretty face! Nice loss despite TOM, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE that picture!! You look amazing! I would like to get to a support group meeting too. Seems like they always happen on days I have too much to do. I've dont the online version but I think the in person thing would be better! Great loss Congrats!! Keep up the awesome work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! You look great! I think you'll like support group. Hope you get to make one soon!

    ReplyDelete