Today is officially my one year Bandiversary!! This milestone makes me reflect about the past year. My struggles and triumphs. What I've given up. And what I've gained by losing.
THINGS I MISS:THINGS I DON'T MISS:
1. Bread. All kinds. 1. Sizes 16, 18, 20, 22, and 24.
2. Cake. All flavors. 2. Thighs rubbing together.
3. Chocolate chip cookies. 3. Not being able to wrap a towel around me.
4. Ice cream. 4. Getting out of breath easily.
5. Brownies. 5. Disgusting I-ate-too-much feeling. ALOT.
6. Feeling tired ALL THE TIME.
7. Constant guilt about my over eating.
8. Barely fitting into seatbelt on rides/plane.
9. Only being able to shop at plus-sized store.
10. Hating that fat woman in the mirror.
11. Painful arthritis in knees &feet.
12. Thinking about food 24/7.
13. Heartburn at least twice per week.
14. Worrying about my cholesterol levels.
15. Swollen feet & legs. Painful.
16. Feeling depressed/defeated by my weight.
I'm no statistician, but it's clear to me that the things I've gained far outweigh what I've given up. I look forward to reaching my goal weight, probably sometime in the next nine months.
Thank you to everyone who is sharing my journey by reading this blog. This has helped to keep my accountable for my actions. And reading other blogs has been a big inspiration.
Have a great week, everyone!!
Yesterday was my official one-year check-up with my surgery center. It was a longer visit than my usual monthly visits. They updated my history, performed a more thorough exam, reviewed my goals, and they did a barium swallow to see my little buddy. I'm happy to report that all is well with the universe.
I have surpassed their goal (they expect you to lose 50% of your excess weight at one year, I've lost 65%). They did see a slight dilation of the esophagus just above the diaphragm, but said it wasn't large enough to worry about. This simply drove home the Golden Rule of eating small bites and waiting one minute between. Here's my glamour shot:
I'm so excited! I am so pleased with my Band and the changes in my life.
Step One: Only exercise two days times thirty minutes each. Step Two: Indulge in dessert or treats every day. Tell yourself, "you deserve it!" Step Three: Load up on carbs and processed meats. Find creative ways to combine these two, like Sonic has done with their PRETZEL DOGS. Yum!! The deluge of carbohydrates and sodium will turn your body into a mean, fat-storing machine!! You go girl!!
LMFAO!! When I fall off the wagon, I fall hard!! Lesson learned! Back to being a good girl...