- Get the LapBand inserted
- Eat only when hungry (not just because it's 'lunchtime')
- Eat 1/2 cup portions (that's your entire meal!)
- Wait one minute between swallows.
- Wait one minute after a bite before drinking, too.
- Eat mainly proteins. Then vegetables if you're still hungry.
- Stop eating when you're not hungry.
- Try to consume as few carbs as possible. Avoid bread, pasta, cereals, sugar.
- Eat solid foods that you have to chew. No soups. No ice cream.
- Exercise at least three times a week. Start light and progress until you're out of breath.
- Don't beat yourself up if you break one of the rules above. Dust yourself off.
- Remember the goal. Weight loss for a healthy body.
- Fight those demons. You're fighting for your life, literally.
- Keep scheduled follow-ups with your surgeon/weight loss team.
- Contact your surgeon/weight loss team if something doesn't 'feel right'.
Friday, September 14, 2012
...or How to Lose 32 Pounds in Eight Weeks!