Thanks to LauraBelle @ Beer, Dogs, and Getting Healthier, for giving us TTT!
1) My two weeks off are coming to an end. My new job starts Monday. I have been staying fairly busy...the house has never been cleaner! My son has enjoyed having a stay-at-home mom, because he has less chores!!
2) It's difficult to be at home all the time, because I tend to eat more (less prying eyes!) I have been doing my best.
3) My new fave snack = carrots with hummus. Mmmmmm. I love trying different 'flavored' hummus: garlic, Tuscan, Asian.
4) I want to see the new movie Stoker which comes out tomorrow, but it must be limited release, because I can't seem to find it at any local theaters. It stars Mia Wasikowska and Nicole Kidman.
5) I am proud to say that I have been exercising a lot more since off work. I have exercised six days each week, an hour each day.
6) I told a long-distance friend today about my LapBand surgery, and I had to hear yet another story of a friend of a friend who had bariatric surgery and nearly died with complications. I wish I had a dime for everytime I've heard this since considering my options. Good Heavens. When people tell me they are thinking of buying a new car, I don't tell them about my neighbors' boy who died in a head on collision in a similar car. When people tell me they are going to the beach, I don't tell them about my cousin's friend who was bitten by a shark.
7) Next week we should hear if my son got accepted into a 'magnet' school he applied to. It's a public (free) high school with a specialized curriculum (technology). I've got my fingers crossed for him.
8) Losing the first fifty pounds (50% of my excess weight) seemed SO MUCH EASIER than this last fifty! I really have to work for every ounce of weight loss.
9) I am still searching for a bra to fit. I have to order online because I have a small band size and a large cup. I have just sent the third one back to exchange for another. I wish I lived near Livi Rae, the Double Diva girls!! I just love their show on Lifetime!