Saturday, April 27, 2013

FRV*

*FRV = Fitting Room Victory; a type of Non-Scale Victory that takes place in a fitting room. 

   It's been a tough break with Lane Bryant (plus-sized woman's clothing). She served me well for over twenty years. She was trendy and always had my size. Yes, she could be a bit pricey, but I learned to scour the clearance racks like a pro.  But I just don't need her in my life anymore.  Farewell, LB. Farewell.

   And helllllloooooo Marshalls! Where have you been all my life?  Now that I fit into designer duds (but my wallet still doesn't), I've got you to turn to.  I get such a rush when I see the 'original' price tag, and your 'Marshall' price tag side-by-side. You make me feel like I'm practically stealing the goods!


Here is a size 12 pant, with a Large top and XL sweater. I haven't worn these sizes since late 1980s/early 1990s! 
 
Woot woo! Gotta love Fitting Room Victories!!!
 
 
 
 

11 comments:

  1. Looking good. Congratulations on escaping LB.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! Those pants look great on you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it, I love it, I love it!

    Girl, I love me some Marshalls!(and TJMaxx)

    Congrats and by the way, you really look great! Seriously!

    ReplyDelete
  4. congrats! I'm looking forward to the day tht I can bid adeiu to LB also! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Size 12 pants?! Looks great! That's so awesome! You can shop ANYWHERE now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. YAY!!! Excellent! You look so great!

    ReplyDelete