Sunday, November 11, 2012

The Liebster Award

Colleen at Colleensjourneytoahealthierlife.blogspot.com  has nominated me for the Liebster Award. Thank you, Colleen!  Liebster is a German word and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing and welcome.




The Rules

- Once you're nominated, write 11 facts about yourself.

- Then, take a look at the 11 questions the person who nominated you asked and answer them.

- Get your thinking cap on and come up with 11 questions of your own for your nominees to answer

- Then choose the 5 bloggers you want to nominate (they must have less than 200 followers) & let them know they've been nominated (there are no tag backs - you can't nominate the person who nominated you).

- Complete this post and then link it to the person who nominated you (in the comments of their blog).
 
So here are eleven facts about me:
    1) I'm a Leo. Sign of the Lion.
    2) I enjoy all types of music except Country and Rap.
    3) I have two older brothers.
    4) I am not a natural redhead. (shhhh!)
    5) I love to travel, have been to Europe and the Bahamas. Dream destinations include China, Hawaii, and Australia.
    6) I love being a nurse and I feel it was something I was born to do.
    7) I love to bake.
    8) Favorite TV shows are Boardwalk Empire and Elementary.
    9) Although I'm 42, I still consider myself a 'Twihard'. Team Jacob.
   10) My nickname is "Sis" or "Sissy". I've got some cousins who probably don't know my real name (Karen). 
   11) I believe in ghosts/spirits and also in reincarnation.
 
Eleven questions that Colleen wants me to answer:

  1. Weirdest thing you have ever eaten?  Probably ROCKY MOUNTAIN 'FRIED OYSTERS'. These are actually fried bull testicles and eaten on a dare from my brother. Also, I grew up in a rural community, so I've eaten squirrels, rabbits, venison, groundhogs, quail, and wild turkey.
  2. What crazy activities do you dream of trying someday? I would love to go on a zip-line. I am now officially below the weight limit, so let's go!!
  3. Have you ever won a trophy? If so, what was it for? Yes, various trophies for bowling in my pre-teen years.
  4. Dog or Cat? Cat(s). I have two.
  5. Why do you blog? To be held accountable to my weight loss journey, and hopefully to inspire others.
  6. What would you do if you didn’t have to work? I would volunteer more (at homeless shelters) and I would have more time to do crafts/scrapbooking etc.
  7. What is your favorite movie? All-time fave is GONE WITH THE WIND.
  8. How often do you get a haircut? Describe your worst haircut. Am letting it grow out, so I haven't been in a few months. Worst haircut was when the stylist 'forgot' to cut the right side of my head. I walked out of the salon, saw myself in the car mirror, and walked back in for her to finish the job!!!! Needless to say, never went back!!
  9. What books on your shelf are begging to be read? Can't wait to read the third in Larsson's series: The Girl Who Kicked the Hornets Nest. Love the first two books.
  10. What quality do you like most about yourself? My loving heart.
  11. What quality do you like least about yourself? My impatience.
 
And last but not least, the five whom I would like to 'pay it forward' and nominate for the Liebster Award:
    Ashlee @  My Lap Band Adventure
    Sarah  @  Fat on the Inside
    Terrie @ My Big Fat Life
 
 
   
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Love reading your answers.

    I'm a Leo too.(yes, we have big hearts)

    I love #8 but I'll pass on the bull testicles for sure!

    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love reading your answers and I would love to ride a zipline!!!

    ReplyDelete