Colleen at Colleensjourneytoahealthierlife.blogspot.com has nominated me for the Liebster Award. Thank you, Colleen! Liebster is a German word and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing and welcome.
- Once you're nominated, write 11 facts about yourself.
- Then, take a look at the 11 questions the person who nominated you asked and answer them.
- Get your thinking cap on and come up with 11 questions of your own for your nominees to answer
- Then choose the 5 bloggers you want to nominate (they must have less than 200 followers) & let them know they've been nominated (there are no tag backs - you can't nominate the person who nominated you).
- Complete this post and then link it to the person who nominated you (in the comments of their blog).
So here are eleven facts about me:
1) I'm a Leo. Sign of the Lion.
2) I enjoy all types of music except Country and Rap.
3) I have two older brothers.
4) I am not a natural redhead. (shhhh!)
5) I love to travel, have been to Europe and the Bahamas. Dream destinations include China, Hawaii, and Australia.
6) I love being a nurse and I feel it was something I was born to do.
7) I love to bake.
8) Favorite TV shows are Boardwalk Empire and Elementary.
9) Although I'm 42, I still consider myself a 'Twihard'. Team Jacob.
10) My nickname is "Sis" or "Sissy". I've got some cousins who probably don't know my real name (Karen).
11) I believe in ghosts/spirits and also in reincarnation.
Eleven questions that Colleen wants me to answer:
- Weirdest thing you have ever eaten? Probably ROCKY MOUNTAIN 'FRIED OYSTERS'. These are actually fried bull testicles and eaten on a dare from my brother. Also, I grew up in a rural community, so I've eaten squirrels, rabbits, venison, groundhogs, quail, and wild turkey.
- What crazy activities do you dream of trying someday? I would love to go on a zip-line. I am now officially below the weight limit, so let's go!!
- Have you ever won a trophy? If so, what was it for? Yes, various trophies for bowling in my pre-teen years.
- Dog or Cat? Cat(s). I have two.
- Why do you blog? To be held accountable to my weight loss journey, and hopefully to inspire others.
- What would you do if you didn’t have to work? I would volunteer more (at homeless shelters) and I would have more time to do crafts/scrapbooking etc.
- What is your favorite movie? All-time fave is GONE WITH THE WIND.
- How often do you get a haircut? Describe your worst haircut. Am letting it grow out, so I haven't been in a few months. Worst haircut was when the stylist 'forgot' to cut the right side of my head. I walked out of the salon, saw myself in the car mirror, and walked back in for her to finish the job!!!! Needless to say, never went back!!
- What books on your shelf are begging to be read? Can't wait to read the third in Larsson's series: The Girl Who Kicked the Hornets Nest. Love the first two books.
- What quality do you like most about yourself? My loving heart.
- What quality do you like least about yourself? My impatience.
And last but not least, the five whom I would like to 'pay it forward' and nominate for the Liebster Award:
Ashlee @ My Lap Band Adventure
Sarah @ Fat on the Inside
Terrie @ My Big Fat Life