Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Turkey, stuffing, potatoes...Oh My!

   What was I thinking setting a goal to lose weight this week? With parties and work, home, and at friends, I'll be lucky to stay stable! Today we had a potluck at work. I focused on proteins (turkey, ham), but also tried small portions of pecan pie, pumpkin pie, mashed potatoes, and stuffing. Not necessarily in that order. I'm trying to pride myself in knowing that I ate one tenth of what I would have eaten pre-band. For sure.
   So I'm officially retracting my goal this week. Or as we say on the prairie, "Whoa, Nelly."
   My new goal is to be in Onederland (weigh in the one hundred's) by December 7. That gives me two weeks to work off the carbs. I'm not hiding though; I will still post my weight as usual this Friday. I just don't expect fireworks.

1 comment:

  1. good luck girl and I hope you have a fabulous thanksgiving...I know you will be posting those onderland fireworks soon---you got this!

    ReplyDelete