Wednesday, July 18, 2012

48 hour countdown...

   Okay, in less than 48 hrs I will be recovering from the LapBand surgery. I am so excited!  People ask if I'm nervous, but I'm not. Perhaps the morning of surgery I will be (my last surgery was a C-section in 1999), but we'll see.
   I have been doing good on my pre-op diet (high protein, low carb, low fat) and keeping busy with work and also working out at the gym. Damn, never thought I'd type that last sentence. Me, working out at a gym? Have aliens taken over my body?  Not quite, but my clothes do feel a bit looser and I have lost 7 pounds so far since starting the diet. I feel better too. I notice that I have less arthritis pain (in my knees, feet, and back.)
   These positive changes are very encouraging. I just know I've made the right decision. I really believe that this will change my life for the better. Here we go!


9 comments: