Thursday, July 5, 2012

Commencing Pre-op Diet!!

    Okay, I am ready to start my Pre-op diet tomorrow. My nutritionist explained the purpose is to "get some of the fat off the liver" because they have to go behind the liver to reach the stomach and place the band. It's essentially a high-protein, low carb, no-fat diet. I'm no stranger to this, as this is the basis for many diets. I know I'll lose some pounds on this, so I took my official 'BEFORE' measurements & photographs today.
    I have purchased a sample pack from Unjury, some protein shakes from True Results, and picked up a few Blender Bottles from Target. I'm also excited because tomorrow will start the two-week countdown to surgery. Let's go!!

3 comments:

  1. I went through True Results, too! Who's your surgeon? :)

    Good luck with your surgery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! I'm counting down the days with you. :) It's pretty cool to know that you're in San Antonio, too. Maybe we can be Band Buddies together! I'm doing a 1/2 marathon in November with a team my dietician is getting together. It's really good motivation. :)

    ReplyDelete