Friday, July 20, 2012

The Big Day!

    So today was my Big Day. Everything went really well and I am recovering. My belly feels full/bloated, and it hurts to take a deep breath, but these symptoms are normal. My five incisions are closed with DermaBond glue. I take naps, and wake about every hour or so to walk around as instructed. This is to help clear the extra gas that is in my belly/around my organs. I was given Rx of Lortab (hydrocodone) elixir, which is a narcotic for pain, and Phenergan which will help relieve any nausea I get. I've taken the Lortab and it is effective.
   My brother and my son took me to surgery and have been with me the whole time to help me. My son makes a great cup of tea! I've gotten lots of texts and shout-outs from friends and loved ones.  I even got a beautiful plant & balloon delivered from my co-workers. These well-wishes are by far the best part of the day! What a girl will do for a little attention around here....
    I'll post pics of my incision tomorrow. I'm really tired from the surgery and also from the fact that I was up until 4am because I simply had to see The Dark Knight Rises (Batman) movie at midnight last night!! Yes, how fitting for me that my last 'meal' was movie popcorn!! Goodnight everyone!

2 comments: