Sunday, July 15, 2012

Conspiracy!

    "NOOOOOOOOOO!"  My son found me crying at the end of aisle 3. "What's wrong, Mom?" All I could manage was to point to the TastyKake display.
    A little backstory: as a young girl growing up in Central Pennsylvania, I cut my teeth on TastyKakes. Fresh from the bakery in Philadelphia, those little cakes did more for me than anything else could. Mmmmmm the nights I spent with KandyKakes. Lunches I spent with Butterscotch Krimpets. The only way to escape their siren call was to move 1600 miles to South Texas. I haven't had a TastyKake in 7 years.
    So I ask you, what are the odds? Five days before bariatric surgery my local grocery decides to introduce San Antonio to the wonders of these Philadelphia baked goods!?! It's a CONSPIRACY I tell you!  At least, that's what I told Security at the grocery store when they tried to calm me down. 
    But I did resist. So far. I am T-minus 5 days until LapBand surgery and I've come too far to fall into this carbohydrate trap. Please wish me luck, I'm gonna need it. 

6 comments:

  1. NO FAIR!!! you are really strong...way to go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I will take all the encouragement I can get!

      Delete
  2. That sucks. I am a sucker Little Debbie Swiss Cale Rolls. Fortunately, my band does NOT like them so I no longer attempt to eat them :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, yeah, I think we all have our weaknesses. That's kinda good that your band doesn't like the Rolls, right?

      Delete
  3. That is so funny. :-) We just got a Chick Fil-A in town about a week ago. I thought we left those in GA when we moved back to CA. :-) 5 more days! So close!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I luv Chil Fil-A also. Those darn cows are on billboards all across San Antonio!

      Delete