Thursday, July 12, 2012

Saying 'NO' to Cheddar Bay Biscuits, 'YES' to Planet Fitness!

    For the first time in 25 years, I went to Red Lobster and DID NOT partake in the Cheddar Bay Biscuits. This is a big 'first' for me, much like the moon landing was for NASA and winning the Emmy in 1999 was for Susan Lucci. I even watched my son devour three of them. All within arms reach of me. I am proud to say that I am doing well on my pre-op high protein, low-carb diet.
    I also reached another milestone when I walked into a gym for the first time since 2002. I joined Planet Fitness today. I simply walked on a treadmill for 30 minutes, but that was a huge leap for this couch potato. The gym is close to my house, another bonus.
   T-minus 8 days until my LapBand surgery. Woot woo!

    

7 comments:

  1. two great milestones reached! YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, I love those cheesey biscuits from Red Lobster! I don't know if I could resist them :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am drooling over that picture....I think my laptop may short out.... (and way to go!!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't even like red lobster but I will go for the biscuits. Way to go!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. walking is the way I started...I just recently added running!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's brilliant. Well done for resisting.

    ReplyDelete